Episode 012: Mr & Mrs Dadeed pt2 (Ribbon Drive)
Mr & Mrs Dadeed, part 2
Previously in our story:
“The French have a phrase for it. The bastards have a phrase for everything and they are always right. To say goodbye is to die a little.”
― Raymond Chandler,
Ribbon Drive, by Avery Mcdaldno is a game built around mixtapes and road-trips. This story takes place over the course of two mixtapes. We all love making a mixtape, so the setup for this game was a joy. In this episode John gives a prompt at about 3 minutes 4 seconds to begin playing the mixtape in sync with the show, but it doesn’t need to sync up perfectly.
Mixtape 2: Optimism in the Face of Self-Destruction
- This is the Day – The The
- Disconnected – Cowboy Mouth
- A Step You Can’t Take Back – Keira Knightley
- This Year – The Mountain Goats
- I’m an Albatraoz – AronChupa
- God Help The Girl – God Help The Girl
- Disneyland – Five For Fighting
- El Manana – Gorillaz
- Stand Up – The Cab
- Wild Things – Alessia Cara
- Only Happy When It Rains – Garbage
- Roam [Edit] 45 Version – The B-52’s
- Babylon – David Gray
- Never Let Me Down Again (Remastered) – Depeche Mode
- Hang On St. Christopher – Tom Waits
- London Calling – The Clash
- Birdhouse In Your Soul – They Might Be Giants
- Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
The characters for this game:
Chip Hanley (Ken Breese) – Ex-cop turned P.I. is the personal fixit guy for the Dadeed family.
Charles Matz (Brian Jones) – Childhood friend of the Donna Wilson, bride-to-be, he is a recluse who still holds a torch for Donna Wilson.
Phoebe Wilson (Stacey Douglass-Moverely) – Sister to Donna Wilson, she is not convinced that this union is the right thing for her sister.
Peter Dadeed (John Holt) – Youngest child of the affluent Dadeed family, he idolizes his older brother and groom Jacob Dadeed.
Ribbon Drive’s creator Avery Mcdaldno is an amazing designer who’s work and dedication to story is one of the inspirations for us in starting this show. Please explore her work on Buried Without Ceremony.
Find Ken on twitter @BerlingsBeard
Find John on twitter @LordJoho
Find Brian on twitter @alowroar
Find Stacey on instragram @stadomo
Follow us on twitter @boredghostworld
Bored Ghosts we hope you found some distraction from your eternity in the void this week!