Episode 011: Mr & Mrs Dadeed pt1 (Ribbon Drive)
Mr & Mrs Dadeed, part 1
“If you have a story that seems worth telling, and you think you can tell it worthily, then the thing for you to do is to tell it, regardless of whether it has to do with sex, sailors or mounted policemen.”
― Dashiell Hammett
Ribbon Drive, by Avery Mcdaldno is a game built around mixtapes and road-trips. This story takes place over the course of two mixtapes. We all love making a mixtape, so the setup for this game was a joy. In this episode John gives a prompt at about 3 minutes 55 seconds to begin playing the mixtape in sync with the show, but it doesn’t need to sync up perfectly.
Mixtape 1: Ribbon Overdrive
- So Much – Madlib
- Ninety Nine and a Half Won’t Do – Wilson Pickett
- Sea Foam – Land of Talk
- Heart Attack of Love – Craig Werden*
- Queen Bitch – David Bowie
- Bumpin’ – Wes Montgomery
- Tighten Up – James Brown
- Jane – Jefferson Starship
- Big Empty – Stone Temple Pilots
- Lawful Neutral (Live off the Floor) – Chamber Band*
- Creep (Acoustic) [AOL Session] – Anberlin
- Spiderman ’79 – Veruca Salt
- Flute Loop – Beastie Boys
- Pusherman (Alternative Mix) – Curtis Mayfield
- Money Folder – Madvillain
- The Hop – A Tribe Called Quest
- The Red – Jaylib
- Zero Point (pt.1 & pt.2 – 45 Version) – Kashmere Stage Band*
- Silence – Portishead
- Down Under – Blonde Redhead
- Knives Out – Radiohead
- Tripoli – Pinback
- Condor Ave. – Elliot Smith
- I Me Mine – Beatles
- Roadhouse Blues – The Doors
- No Dice – Beirut
- Who Got da Props? – Black Moon
- Do you Know (Transition) – Madlib
*not on spotify- replaced with as close as John could get in the playlist above
The characters for this game:
Chip Hanley (Ken Breese) – Ex-cop turned P.I. is the personal fixit guy for the Dadeed family.
Charles Matz (Brian Jones) – Childhood friend of the Donna Wilson, bride-to-be, he is a recluse who still holds a torch for Donna Wilson.
Phoebe Wilson (Stacey Douglass-Moverely) – Sister to Donna Wilson, she is not convinced that this union is the right thing for her sister.
Peter Dadeed (John Holt) – Youngest child of the affluent Dadeed family, he idolizes his older brother and groom Jacob Dadeed.
Ribbon Drive’s creator Avery Mcdaldno is an amazing designer who’s work and dedication to story is one of the inspirations for us in starting this show. Please explore her work on Buried Without Ceremony.
Find Ken on twitter @BerlingsBeard
Find John on twitter @LordJoho
Find Brian on twitter @alowroar
Find Stacey on instagram @stadomo
Follow us on twitter @boredghostworld
Bored Ghosts we hope you found some distraction from your eternity in the void this week!